Sunday, August 26, 2007
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Saturday, August 18, 2007
Friday, August 17, 2007
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Saturday, August 11, 2007
Braden is taking a full load, for seminary...3 classes/9 units. He's taking Intro to Old Testament, Intro to New Testament, and Church History. He will go Tues./Thurs. and will continue to work at UPS (M-F) and Panera (Fridays). I am also taking classes this semester as part of the Seminary Wives Institution. The program is really neat and I am excited about learning, hearing good teaching, and meeting other seminary wives.
Orientation was held this morning/afternoon today up at the school so now Braden is officially ready to start class this coming Tuesday. I'm excited for him!
This evening a service was held where seminary students brought their wives and afterward there was an ice cream social. We met some other couples that have just moved to the area just like us. It was nice to hear that others are going through a similar experience of finding their way around town, looking for jobs, looking for a church home, being away from family, friends, and the familiar, etc. So...we're not the only crazy ones doing this! haha!
Friday, August 3, 2007
Sunday, July 29th was our one year wedding anniversary....we finally "celebrated" tonight...with going to see the opening of Bourne Ultimatum (which we both really liked being as we already Bourne fans) and dinner out. Time sure has gone by quick, and we have accomplished quite a bit since last July.
- We have successfully moved to two different states on almost opposite sides of the country (from MO to CA and from CA to KY)
- Braden graduated from The Master's College and is now enrolled for seminary classes that start later this month at Southern
- I learned to cope with being hundreds of miles from my family and close friends, which for me is big....it still can be hard at times, even though we're alot closer to home now, but it really has taught me the lesson of being content.
- We have made some great friends in new places and kept ones from where we started.
- We have learned alot about each other and will continue to for...forever! At times, it's no walk in the park, especially if there is added stress with finances, work, school, etc. but it's all worth it. I pray that while doing so we remember the perfect marriage example of Christ and his bride, the church. Looking at those verses in Ephesisans 5 are such an encouragement at times.
- And much, much more!