Thursday, December 21, 2006

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Now that I'm a "grown-up" an "adult" or whatever you call us married people that don't have kids yet...I believe that the holiday we call "Christmas" is more like an evil game. Some people have mastered the art of re-gifting, some use their annual Christmas cards to brag about things like how well their business is doing or how one of the kids got all A's this year, and others have gone so far as to buy $30 gifts for a gift exchange that only had a limit of $3! Another thing, 4 words: Day After Thanksgiving Sale. It's madness and adults go over the edge every time. No wonder people get so stressed out during the Christmas season, it's because they are too worried whether this person will like their gift, or if they spent enough money on that person. It's all a show. Then there's that phrase that it's the time to give and not receive....well, have you ever been to a gift exchange where you play the game "Rob You Neighbor"? That game was invented for stingy people!

I guess I didn't notice all this drama when I was a kid. I was quite oblivious to how much time, energy, and MONEY that goes into this Holiday. But nonetheless I still love Christmas with all it's festivities and awkward moments.

My favorite part of the holidays has nothing to do with gifts...I love the carols, the cookies, the lights, and especially the PARTIES! Braden and I have already been to 3 this year. Here are some pictures:
Formal Christmas party with my work at the Pasadena Hilton. It was a lot of fun...and we danced the night away! The group at Kurt and Kellie's 2nd annual Christmas party! Great food, fun games!

No comments: